So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. – 1 Corinthians 13:13
Marriage preparation requirements:
Congratulations on your engagement! We are looking forward to assisting you in preparing for your marriage. The steps below will help you secure information for planning your wedding.
1. Registered in the Parish: Must be registered and active members of St. Joseph’s for at least 3 months. If you are not already registered you may do so after the Mass on the weekend. To be registered you must have enevelopes for the current year. You will be required to supply your registration number. Your registration number is the same number that is assigned to your envelopes.
2. 4-6 month spiritual process: You must call the Parish office to start the necessary preparation at least 6 months in advance.
3. Setting the Date: The final date for the wedding WILL NOT be set until the entire assessment process has been completed and the decision to precede has been made.
4. Dress Code Meeting: The Bride will be required to attend a dress code meeting at the beginning of the process. This meeting is to go over the proper dress code for the bride and bride’s maid’s gowns.
5. FOCCUS: You will need to take a FOCCUS inventory. This will be scheduled with a coordinator in the Parish Office.
6. Pre-Cana: You will be required to attend Pre-Cana classes. This will be scheduled through a coordinator in the Parish Office.
7. Current Baptism Certificates: Contact the Parish where you were baptized and request a recent dated Baptism Certificate.
8. Contact Parish Wedding Information Line: Call (407) 275-0841 ext. 19. This line will give you the dates and times you can come in to fill out the initial marriage form to get started.